History

History

First Baptist Church of Cheyenne is actually "The First Baptist Church of Cheyenne!" Our original Articles were signed by Wyoming’s first Governor and were filed with the Territory of Wyoming in 1877, 13 years before Wyoming became a state.

There is much water under the bridge with this historic church, including two other building locations. Our current location at 1800 E. Persing was completed and occupied in 1956 and an addition was constructed in 1977. We have a history room, and a 100-year celebration document chronicling all our historical interests.

In 2017, the church left the American Baptist Convention to become an unaffiliated church. The church continued for a year and a half with Interim Pastor Paul Grantz and voted for Karl Pickard as their Lead Pastor/Teacher in January of 2019.

We are Currently in a revitalization season with the financial help of two other churches. Colonial Baptist Church of Cary, NC and Laramie Valley Chapel of Laramie, WY.